Boat Insurance and Personal Watercraft Insurance – Washington State
Float easy knowing that Wenner-Davis & Associates Insurance wrote you a specialized boat insurance policy that was just right for your boat or personal watercraft. Just like automobile insurance, we make boat insurance easy and affordable. Ask about discounts for bundling your policies! We can easily get you the boat insurance coverage you need.
Boat Insurance Options
Being an independent agent means we represent many carriers for your boat insurance policy! Coverage options abound and you can get specialized coverage, such as Roadside Assistance, On-Water Towing, Total Loss Replacement and more.
Ask for a Boat Insurance Quote Today!
A Wenner-Davis & Associates Insurance agent will assess your coverage needs and wade through the many options available, presenting you with the best coverages for your needs and budget.
Boat insurance covers a wide range of boats from personal watercraft to sailboats, fishing vessels to personal watercraft. Ask your Wenner-Davis & Associates Insurance Agent agent about a quote!
Looking for Motorcycle Insurance? We sell that too!
What you need to know about Boat Insurance in Port Angeles:
Wenner-Davis & Associates Insurance will work hard to ensure you’re covered on the water and that your coverage needs are met. Give us a call today to start a quote. When shopping for boat insurance in Washington, there are some things you should keep in mind.
- Navigational Area: Many companies offer protection that covers you up to 75 miles from the U.S. coastline, into Canadian coastal or inland waters and into the Pacific coastal waters of Mexico. Some companies offer additional options for further navigation. Inquire today!
- Agreed Value Coverage: Boat and personal watercraft depreciate over time; it’s a fact. Having your watercraft insured as actual cash value can make it difficult to replace a boat that’s been stolen or destroyed. Agreed value coverage means that if your boat is a total loss you will get the value you insured it for, minus your deductible. Don’t depend on a homeowner’s policy to insure a boat. Ask an agent about a specialized boat policy for your boat.
- Liability: Personal liability coverage provides coverage to you for damaging other boaters if you’re found to be at fault for an accident on the water. This coverage pays to repair or replace their property as well as any medical care, lost wages and other costs resulting from the accident.
- Medical Payments: Medical payments coverage will cover your or your passenger’s medical bills as a result of an accident on the water. The coverage limits vary and covers you, your passengers and even your water skiers/tubers while being pulled behind your boat, regardless of fault.
- Physical Damage Coverage: Physical damage coverage is available and pays to repair or replace your watercraft, its motor, any permanently attached equipment and your trailer, if it is damaged during a covered loss or stolen.
- Uninsured/Underinsured Watercraft Bodily Injury: Many boaters choose not to get insurance. If you are hit by an uninsured or underinsured boater and you are injured, this type of coverage pays for medical treatment, lost wages and other costs. Ask an agent today about UM/UMBI coverage for your boat today!
- Fuel Spill Liability and Wreckage Removal: In the very unfortunate event that your boat should sink or be damaged on the water, there is a possibility of a fuel leak. As the boat’s owner you are liable to clean this fuel up, which can be very time consuming and expensive. Ensure that your boat policy covers you for fuel spill liability and wreckage removal.
- Personal Effects: Your watercraft policy can provide coverage for many personal effects such as clothes, cell phones and fishing equipment that are on your boat. Make sure you’re properly insured on the water by talking to one of our qualified insurance agents today.
- Emergency Assistance: The Emergency Assistance Package provides coverage for towing, labor and delivery of gas, oil or loaned battery if the watercraft is disabled while on the water.
Frequently Asked Questions about Boat Insurance
What is the average boat insurance cost?
Never guess what an insurance policy might cost. The average cost to insure a boat depends on the type of boat you want to insure and how much coverage you need. Additionally, your credit and loss history can factor into the price. The best way to get an accurate quote is to reach out to us for a quote. Quotes take just a few minutes and we can run you through several great companies.
Does boat insurance cover mechanical issues?
No, boat insurance will not cover mechanical issues such as a blown motor. However, if the mechanical issue is a result of a covered loss such as a collision with another boat then there likely would be coverage for the mechanical failure that resulted from the covered loss. *All coverage situations are subject to claims verification and no information here is suggesting coverage would exist.
Is boat insurance required?
Some states do not require boat insurance, but if you are operating a boat in open waters without it, you’re putting yourself at financial risk. If you have a loan on your boat or if you moored your boat in a marina, then the lienholder or marina may require you to carry insurance.
More coverage is available. A Wenner-Davis & Associates Insurance agent will go over all coverages with you so you can make an informed decision about what coverages are right for you.